1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-def terrestial test transmissions?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Tony B, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    When I think back to the time that colour tv started in the UK, I can remember that for a couple of years before the official launch the BBC did numerous, regular test transmiions (anyone else remember these?). My father worked in the TV broadcast business and a result we were lucky enough to be early adopters. I can distinctly remember the excitement of picking up an unadvertised transmission of Star Trek (the original series) in colour (when it was still officially only broadcast on BBC VHF 405 lines).

It can't be too far off before BBC start some hi-def test transmissions. Or have they already?

Anyone know where to look, frequencies etc?

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    A question mark in your subject title wouldn't have gone a miss as it I thought (and am sure others will too) that your post was going to say that HDTV test transmissions had already taken place. This is unlikely on terrestrial DTV due to the lack of bandwidth available.