hi def ps2 help

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by cleverdave2k, Nov 1, 2004.

1. cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    hi does anyone have any idea what cable i would use to connect my ps2 up to my infocus x1 pj to get a hidef picture im struggling with the lack of ports on the x1 as its only got a vga'svhs and a compisite to go into_On my dvd player im using a vga to conponent cable to get prog scan so maybe theres a adaptor so i could just use this wire save me keep swapping wires al the time.At the moment im using composite and the picture is really really poor

2. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hi Mate, you won't get a hi-def pic from PS2, it can do 480p prog scan I think but this is limited to a tiny number of games (about 3 I think!)

But yeah composite is really crap

There is a method of getting VGA out of your PS2 but it's a lot of hassle, expensive and requires a chipped console, still doesn't work with all games though.

Either use s-video or get a PS2 component cable and some kind of switch or splitter, which i'm sure must exist, anyone?

3. cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I thought i was going have troubles with it :rolleyes: i cant seem to find anything to do it looks like i might have to buy a svhs instead got be better than composite but wouldnt running it through component without prog scan be a much better pic than svhs

4. cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  5. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I don't think that will work mate...I'm pretty sure you would need to be outputting a progressive signal from the PS2 to get a result with that. The VGA port on your Projector won't accept an interlaced signal.

6. cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    ****e :laugh: well theres a adaptor just like that one above but svhs to component would that work better or am i better just going straight to svhs from the ps2