1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi and What program do u use to get dvd info

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Stanleh, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Stanleh

Stanleh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi !!
    I have been reading these forums for a fair few months, but never posted before. Nice to see other home cinema freaks like myself :thumbsup:
    I noticed in some of the reviews in here that u mention what khz the audio is encoded at ie 448kbps, i was wondering what software you use to tell you.
    Allso does anyone here have a m&k vx7 mk2 subwoofer and if so what do you think of it ?
    One last thing i am sorry for my shocking spelling and grammer, but thats years of irc !!

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some DVD players have an info button that will show bit rates etc.

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have Power DVD or another suitable program on your computer it will tell you the exact bitrates too and also allow you to take screen shots from the film if you fancy posting some on the forums.

4. Stanleh

Stanleh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ahh k, cos i got a pioneer dvd player which tells me the bit rates and stuff but i am more intrested in info on the audio side of things. You see my friend was sold some "legit" dvds now infairness the disks themselfs look legit as do the cases's but the picture is defo just a svcd burnt onto a dvd and the audio in my opion is a rebadged sterio sound track [it says its 5.1 on my amp but no rear sound effects]. Not to mention that i dont think they r out on dvd yet ?
    Van helsing is one of them and the day after tommorow is the other.
    These forums r bad for me, i was happy with my little m&k sub but now i crave a svs beast
    DAMN U AVFORUMS !!
    :rotfl:

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,237
    Can't help you on the technical side, but if your friend has DVDs of Van Helsing and A Day After Tomorrow, then they are definitely dodgy.

Greg