hi all SKY PLUS HD

DAVID COUGAR

Established Member
Reaction score
lost my pause/ rewd contacted sky last night not much help they said wait 24 hrs they would reset,also signal on one of the lines has a blue box in it shall i continue waiting or what SAMSUNG BOX thanks can pause and rewd recorded just checked

Last edited:
"also signal on one of the lines has a blue box in it"

What?

lost my pause/ rewd contacted sky last night not much help they said wait 24 hrs they would reset,also signal on one of the lines has a blue box in it shall i continue waiting or what SAMSUNG BOX thanks can pause and rewd recorded just checked
I think you need to re-post and be more specific

I saw this message when it first arrived and I managed to resist the temptation to parse it into English. I can resist no longer. :)

Translation begins (with my observations in brackets) :-

My Sky box seems to have lost the ability to pause and rewind (presumably FFwd too - possibly even playback recordings).

I telephoned Sky, but they were not much help. (except they were - read on)

They said that they would send a signal to fix my box (presumably resetting viewing level entitlements) and that I should wait 24 hours to see if it had worked (I would have thought that's just to stop you pestering them)

When I perform a signal test I see that the signal on one of the LNBs is merely an empty blue box (i.e. zero, no lock - probably LNB 2).

The box is a Samsung one.

Shall I continue waiting ? Does anyone have any suggestions I could try ?

Oh, I've just tried and now it all works ! (Which rather renders this message redundant).

Translation ends

Regards

I think the translation is wrong on the last line,I read it as it will pause and rewind recorded material.

and not "live pause / rewind". Agreed on the mis-translation.

Apologies - I think the last two contributors are correct :blush:

Which only goes to show that the OP was even more difficult to understand than I first thought !

So is the last "bit" (not sentence or phrase, as there is no punctuation at all) supposed to mean :-

"I have just checked my recorded material and it seems that I can pause and rewind this."

So has he simply lost the ability to rewind live TV ? Perhaps someone has disabled his Instant Rewind ? Perhaps he is trying to rewind immediately after changing channel (when "rewind" isn't available) ?

Regards

Apologies - I think the last two contributors are correct :blush:

Which only goes to show that the OP was even more difficult to understand than I first thought !

So is the last "bit" (not sentence or phrase, as there is no punctuation at all) supposed to mean :-

"I have just checked my recorded material and it seems that I can pause and rewind this."

So has he simply lost the ability to rewind live TV ? Perhaps someone has disabled his Instant Rewind ? Perhaps he is trying to rewind immediately after changing channel (when "rewind" isn't available) ?

Regards

Doesn't explain lack of pause though, but good work anyway.

I threads like this. :rotfl:

ok some of us are not computer minded but come on you must all lead a sad,life to bother taking the mickey problem now fixed thanks all for your help/not

ok some of us are not computer minded but come on you must all lead a sad,life to bother taking the mickey problem now fixed thanks all for your help/not

It's not really a case of being computer minded - its about making you and your problem understood.

Glad your problem is sorted anyway :smashin:

The problem was that we did not know what your problem was.
Post #4 said it all.

I had the same problem a few days back, but rebooting the box sorted it out. I put it down to a one off glitch, never considered there could be more to it. What's this about 'viewing level entitlements'?

thanks all for your help/not

I think that pretty much everyone here really wanted to help - it's what we do.

As logiciel said, we couldn't understand your problem well enough to do this.

taking the mickey

Believe me, if I had felt inclined to do that, I could have made a much longer post :eek:

I like to stop and think that a poster may not be writing in their native language ... and not "take the mickey". That said, it is hard to excuse total lack of punctuation.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom