Question Hi all, newbie to this forum here, I want to copy recordings from a PVR to a laptop or USB stick. Is this possible? which PVR would be best to buy?

arrow57

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie to this forum here, I want to copy recordings from a PVR to a laptop or USB stick. Is this possible? which PVR would be best to buy?

All recordings or HD as well ?

How IT competent are you. ?

There is a range of boxes that use the enigma 2 operating boxes that record everyt hing without encryption. Because they are not Freesat or Freeview certfified they record without encryption.

Possibly the simplest non enigma 2 box is a Freeview-HD IP streaming box from V-Box

All recordings or HD as well ?

How IT competent are you. ?

There is a range of boxes that use the enigma 2 operating boxes that record everyt hing without encryption. Because they are not Freesat or Freeview certfified they record without encryption.

Possibly the simplest non enigma 2 box is a Freeview-HD IP streaming box from V-Box

Hi, reasonably IT savvy, I will do a little bit of reading around v boxes and give it a try, i have a Mac mini with eye tv, is this similar? sounds good tho, thanks.

Hi, after much reading reviews and a whole lot of advice I am probably going for a Minix Neo U9-H box. Does anyone have a view as to the best tuner to attach to this so I can stream live tv (freeview etc).

Hi, reasonably IT savvy, I will do a little bit of reading around v boxes and give it a try, i have a Mac mini with eye tv, is this similar? sounds good tho, thanks.

Hi, after much reading reviews and a whole lot of advice I am probably going for a Minix Neo U9-H box. Does anyone have a view as to the best tuner to attach to this so I can stream live tv (freeview etc).

if you have a Mac Mini you can just get a USB DVB-T2 or DVB-S tuner for Freeview that is compatible with OSX.

Next get TV server software like NextPVR which has an OSX version.

Now configure your NextPVR software for use with the tuner.

You can also optionally install plugins to feed the NextPVR data, live TV, recordings into media centre software like Emby and Kodi.

The MiniX is an Android box and these can be very limited in what they allow. TV server software and USB driver would likely need to be baked into the Android ROM out of the box, they may not be.

As mentioned earlier above that Vbox might be a simpler buy.

if you have a Mac Mini you can just get a USB DVB-T2 or DVB-S tuner for Freeview that is compatible with OSX.

Next get TV server software like NextPVR which has an OSX version.

Now configure your NextPVR software for use with the tuner.

You can also optionally install plugins to feed the NextPVR data, live TV, recordings into media centre software like Emby and Kodi.

The MiniX is an Android box and these can be very limited in what they allow. TV server software and USB driver would likely need to be baked into the Android ROM out of the box, they may not be.

As mentioned earlier above that Vbox might be a simpler buy.
Hi, I stand or sit informed and wiser for your advice, which vbox model would give me the ability to watch, record to external storage and stream tv including freeview?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom