• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hi all I haves budget of 1200 please advise

black metal

Novice Member
Hi all as above I'm after a new tv I have a 51 3d Samsung plasma at the moment.
been looking at a couple of models as I want to go for a 4k hdr but I'm getting lost in what to get for my money I have seen the hisense 65 n6800 and it looks good on paper but with this being new is it any good I will be getting a xbox one x in a few months and watch a lot of blu ray any ideas folks thanks for reading

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Probably to late to get one , but the Pana DX902 58" of 65' can be got at a great price and has 3D . Failing that it would be a 2016 LG OLED that has fantastic 3D playback . The latter being the last of the great 3D displays and 4K. Both will be an upgrade at a great price .

black metal

Novice Member
sorry I didn't explain myself I'm not looking for a 2nd 3d tv with 4k...just want a good 4k with the best hdr/hlg and low input lag for my 1200 budget and has to be 65" nothing less will do unless it's all singing and dancing cheers

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Your requirements are unrealistic unfortunately. Good HDR is expensive and you're looking at closer to £2000 for a 65" model with it. Something like the N6800 has such poor local dimming the AVForums review recommended turning it off.

You can get it in 49" with something like a Sony XE90 or one of last year's Samsung KS series if you can find any.

Would you prefer to up the budget, drop the size or reduce the requirements?

Pgcmoore

Standard Member
not sure if you guys can get these over there but i just got the 55 inch model, it has an ips led fald display that is the most amazing panel i have ever seen. the blacks are unbelievable, and as close to oled as you can get, i had no idea they could do this with an ips panel and it was under $1K US ($949 on sale / free shipping) the 65 and 75 have VA panels. none come with tuners but are HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision ready. and will run at 120hz in 1080

Check out this New 2017 VIZIO SmartCast™ P-Series™ 55” Class Ultra HD HDR XLED Pro™ Display

Pgcmoore

Standard Member
I've ordered this one Samsung UE65KS7500 65" Smart Curved SUHD 4K LED TV

Ticks a few boxes: 65", 4K, Proper HDR 10-bit with the UHD Alliance badge, low input lag for games, free Samsung 5yr warranty. £1149.

Not really into the whole curved screen thing, but that is a nice display. Only issue I have read of with the Samsung's is with their "One Connect" box. It seems most people who do not have the issues are the one's that plug it in once, make sure it "clicks" when connected securely. And do not disconnect it once it's connected. The QDOT's I have seen at the local Best Buy looked amazing in store, but were just a bit out of my price range.
A 5 year warranty is amazing! Congratulations!

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the curve. If flat option was in stock I'd probably have gone with that. The only positive I've read about curve screens is that they can be quite impactful for gaming, making them more immersive. I won't really know how I feel about that until it's delivered and setup. I'm actually hoping that sitting centre to the screen I won't notice the curve so much.

black metal

Novice Member
that's a good deal I can't have a curved model as mine is on the wall now but good price I'm made up with the hisence after some good negotiation I paid 1400 for the 65n6800 + denon avrx2300w + canton movie 75 and got to I'm watching all my content over again well pleased

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom