hi all first post please be gentle lol

ed1808

Novice Member
Reaction score
ok i have just aquired one of these for a massive £50 and its only 2 months old first of all i have never played with pj before but always wanted to have a bash. the chap braught this for gamming but hated it and although he only paid £135 they are now over £400 by the same seller on ebob..

so a couple of questions please if i may

1. any good (please understand im not a rich man so will never be able to afford the best)
2. need screen advice please will have to be motorised celing mount as room isnt huge prob 4-5 mtrs from screen to pj which will be celing mounted also
3. what size pick can i reasonably hope to achieve (man thing bigger the better)
4. am i living in cloud cookoo land with this unit

2200 Lumens HD 1080P LCD/LED Projector Analog TV Home Theater VGA HDMI AV USB UK | eBay

the auction ended a while ago but original listing can still be viewed any help appreciated

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
This is not a HD 16:9 home theatre type projector but an 800 x 600 4:3 native pj. They put a load of tosh in the adverts to confuse folks who don't know better.

At £50 you did ok but no way is it worth £400.

I would point the pj at a white coloured wall to be honest, I don't think it has a manual zoom so you may only be able to control image size by moving further or nearer to screen/wall. You should be able to get an image size around 80-100".

This is not a HD 16:9 home theatre type projector but an 800 x 600 4:3 native pj. They put a load of tosh in the adverts to confuse folks who don't know better.

At £50 you did ok but no way is it worth £400.

I would point the pj at a white coloured wall to be honest, I don't think it has a manual zoom so you may only be able to control image size by moving further or nearer to screen/wall. You should be able to get an image size around 80-100".

they are indeed cheeky beggars lol never really read the listing to be fair but hey it will probably only kindle my dreams for a nice pj one day sadly idont have a spare wall so will still need to buy a screen as it will have to drop infront of tv so are these £80 ish motorised screens on the dreaded ebob really any good please? ie once i have the ump with this pj and buy a decient one will i then need a better screen? i have read a bit about banded screens and pure white giving a crisper pick yet some seem to say its very hard to achieve a true black. i do understand that unless i have maybe a dedicated room kitted for a pj maybe and a decient bank balance then i may never be truely happy but i would just at this point like to see what a 80-100" pic is like in my front room really. and i guess im not going to loose really for £50 (or will i just dribble maybe and sell a kidney hmmm lol)

Buy a blackout "Tupplur" blind from Ikea and hang it from the ceiling. Makes a great screen for £20-£30

As KB says doubt it's worth £50 get a 2nd hand 720p for around the £180 mark it will be so much better.

yea thanks all i had a reall good look and managed to sell it on for the same price so i will now save up a bit and get a better one i didnt want my first viewing to be a sad one lol

Someone selling an Optoma HD65 here, would be right up your street if you could bag it!

sorry binkobonko been a tad busy with work many thanks im gona hold off till i get my seperate`s unit made they just dont seem to make them wide enough for my likeing and got 2 taller ones here glass shelves that i have had forever but tv now wall mounted so want a lower longer one.. once everything looks tidy i will mess it up again with a pj screen and pj unit lol

i have been out of the home cinema scene for a long time because i braught what i wanted to here years ago mostly yammy dts processor and seperate amps based system but things seemed to have moved on a bit lool and i just dont have the time i had to research all again sadly

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom