Hi, after short 'n' sweet advice!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Tomboy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Tomboy

Tomboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a home cinema kit, DVD 1080p Upscale, 1000w Total Output, Atleast 2x HDMI inputs.

I can't seem to find any!?! Thanks

2. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,

most important figure is approximate budget

Are you looking for an all in 1 system or separate's?

My first guess is that you are trying to specify too much power at 1000w. I assume you are coming from the land of lower end sound equipment where all are usually quoted in peak power with quite ludicrous numbers for power output instead of the rms figures quoted for quality equipment. You will find it more unusual to see over 150w rms per channel in a decent home cinema system.

3. Tomboy

Tomboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replying,

Budget £200 max

I'm after an All-in-one to replace my current Panasonic PT460 5.1, this is 1000w and it's great. However there is just the one Optical Input. I'm wanting to plug my PS3 into a new Home Cinema via HDMI and also plug my Samsung Sat Reciever SMT S7800 via HDMI for optimum performance. Then out from the home cinema to my Samsung LED TV via HDMI.

I'm not fussed about Blu-Ray as my PS3 does this, so long as it can Up-Scale normal DVD's I'm happy!

Thanks again!!

4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,504
    Your PS3 can also upscale DVDs quite well actually. Your TV also has a scaler.

There are a couple of all-in-one systems with HDMI inputs but they usually cost over £200. Visit the all-in-ones forum. The manufacturer's websites should allow you to check the specs and compare the models.

TBH, I would look at adding to the budget and getting an AV Receiver and speaker package as you already have a player so why buy another?

5. Tomboy

Tomboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very true, if my current Panasonic PT460 had 2 Optical inputs I wouldn't be looking at other home cinema systems, I'd look at twin optical inputs however they seem as rare as HDMI inputs, plus I hear HDMI is better than optical now, not sure if this is true?

I've looked at Optical splitters so that I can switch between SMT S7800 and PS3 but I tried one and it didn't work?