• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HGV bluetooth solution / Parrot minikit ?

rdmbfossa

I am looking for a bluetooth solution for our hgv vehicles. We have fixed cab kits at the moment which need replaced due to age but it takes a day to install them properly, which is a pain for 16 vehicles, it also causes problems if they go faulty. I dont think the drivers would be too happy wearing earpieces all day either. Anyone got any suggestions?

I was thinking of the parrot minikits, would this be suitable for an HGV?Can you just wire them up to 12V and leave them attached to the dash?

Any help appreciated.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Hi, your hgv is running 24v your parrot kit will run upto 16v you need a step down from 24 to 12 its a little can that will go behind the stereo or parrot kit. It will lower the voltage from 24v ( yours hgv's to 12v the normal operating voltage of the kit).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom