1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HGS-18 Information

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by serith, Mar 17, 2005.

1. serith

serith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings all, I'm new to the AVForums, and I have a few questions for you. I'm currently looking to upgrade my home stereo, and I've had my eyes on velodyne's HGS-18, and Sunfire's True Signature EQ. Now, I've talked to a few different people that know quite a bit about home high-fi, and I've been told by all of them to bite the bullet and get the velodyne. But, I've yet to find a price I'd be "looking at", as I'm aware I have to find a retailer who'll charge me retail + 400%. So, I guess I'm looking for what I should expect to pay for one of these beasts, and why I should spend it on one of these monsters, and not a couple of bob's true sig sunfires. Thank you!

Btw, this would be an upgrade from six advent 100watt self-powered woofers. I have a pair of JBL LT100's for my main speakers, and those dig quite low. I'm feeding the Jbl's with a phase linear 700b power amp @ 8ohms. I can reproduce about 25hz with the JBL's, but not very loud. my "subs" cut off around 30. Do you guys think that one HGS-18 can out peform all 6 of my 12" ASW-1200's?