HFX & ST30NF 20pin ATX ???

springtide

Just putting together my HFX and have come up against an issue.
The motherboard has a 24pin ATX connector and the Silverstone ST30NF has a 20pin ATX connector (who decided to change the connector types!!!)

Anyway, anyone have any ideas? Are there 20-24pin converters/adapters?

DanH

You can pick up adapters very cheap at most places.
Also, i know my motherboard can take a 20pin connector without any adapter with no problems. (You lose some of the higher RAM voltage settings in bios though)
Its still keyed correctly IIRC, so you can only plug it into correct bit of the 24 pin connector.

Obviously, this might be different on your board, so id find out first if you decide to try it.

S

Skunkpipe

There are - silverstone do one. It will actually work with 20 pins as well anywy

GLP1

springtide said:
Just putting together my HFX and have come up against an issue.
The motherboard has a 24pin ATX connector and the Silverstone ST30NF has a 20pin ATX connector (who decided to change the connector types!!!)

Anyway, anyone have any ideas? Are there 20-24pin converters/adapters?

Does n't the Imon connection fit between the two. As you keep power to the display when powered off. 20+4 to 24. I remember I used 20 into the 24 and the original 4 into the 4 on the mb.

Good luck

Gavin

springtide

Thanks. Checked my motherboard manual and it takes a 20pin ATX connector (RTFM springs to mind!)
My only excuse was that it was late and I'd spend the best part of an hour trying to get the PSU into place without breaking anything!
If MCubed has only made the case 20mm deeper! One thing to say is that it does actually fit perfectly, 5mm shorter and you'd be stuffed!

Trending threads

Top Bottom