Heybrook HB3 - The good old ones...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gump, Mar 11, 2005.

1. gump

gump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, need a bit of advice.

For those who remember, in the '80s and early '90s Heybrook made some superb speakers named HB3.

Problem I have is trying to find a modern day speaker that sounds (to my ears obviously!) anywhere near this speaker. I keep hearing my parents and they still sound great.

If anyone has any pointers or advice, please let me know!!

Ta

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't think I heard the Heybrook speakers but are their current range not suitable for you. The HB3 is still listed here

3. gump

gump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ian, unfortunately Heybrook were bought a few years ago and the latest range are in a different league :(

IIRC the old HB3 retailed at about £900in the late '80s, which was pretty expensive then!

4. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. mrnik0

mrnik0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I realize that this thread is a bit old but I thought that I would add a little note!
    I bought a pair in Paris recently on Ebay for a song... 230 Euros. I had to replace the midrange drivers as the foams had fallen to bits, as well as the grill covers! I found the replacements (for the drivers)in the states at Maddisound for 50 odd bucks. They are brilliant speakers, I would highly recommend buying a pair the next time you see them on the bay. Even at 900 euros they are a very good deal, they have very precise imaging, the woofers have a rubber surround so unless you are using a plasma tweeter they will last for years. I was using a pair of warfdale dovedales which don't even come close. A rebuilt dynaco 70 powers them and in my place I can't even crank them up a quarter of the volume! They do lack a bit of the bass punch the warfdales had but I am thinking of building a sub into the floor!!!