Hexic 2

FatBoysOnTour

Established Member
Reaction score
Hexic 2 is out today, I'm sure the game will need no introduction, as most of us will have the original on our hard discs.

Has anyone got any first impressions of the new game, and whether or not there's enough new stuff to warrant the asking price?

Personally, I enjoyed the original, but it's a bit slow going. Anyone tried the multiplayer aspect yet?

What on earth were they thinking when they designed the visuals for this sequel:confused:

I thought the first one looked great, this one strains my eyes so bad that I struggled to play it for more than a few minutes. Those pastel colours are horrible IMO!

Both myself & my girlfriend have very good eyesight & neither of us could play this one(she loved the original).

Ah well, roll on Super Puzzle Fighter:)

Have you tried going to options and choseing a different scheme mate? I use the one where they start red, blue, black and white (with card symbols on ie hearts, clubs etc) easy to play with, I had the same thoughts as you when I had my first go.

The game is alot of fun and I enjoyed multiplayer, not been able to beat the computer on expert though, best I managed was about 60%

yup, there are different schemes to play with (although one with the original colours would have been nice), I prefer the default one myself, but the playing card one is also ok. Looking forward to having a few online games of this, but I'll need to improve seriously before trying it I think.

The game's also a lot pacier than the original - which felt a little slow. All in all, a pretty good update, and one that I'll certainly come back to.

I think this is bugged - im not getting any bombs :confused:

Was getting them earlier in the game but for some reason they've just stopped appearing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom