Heroes S2 start in January?

crobo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone update me on when Heroes season 2 starts on BBC? I recall posts suggesting a January start date, but can't find anything firm. The BBC site doesn't seem to offer any clues but has anyone heard anything else?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/heroes/season2/

Hi Crobo,

I can officially confirm, that Season 2 of "Heroes" will NOT be starting until early April, at the very earliest. :(

Basically, BBC2 had intended to start Season 2, in the middle of January 2008. However, because of a) the Writers Guild strike in the USA still ongoing (which has delayed shooting and production on numerous US dramas including "Heroes"), and b) bad reviews of the first few Season 2 episodes from the public and press (resulting in "Heroes" creator Tim Kring offering a public apology for the incohesiveness and general not-very-good quality of these opening episodes, BBC2 has brought forward, and is airing Series 2 of "Torchwood" in the Wednesday evening 9pm slot instead, for the next 13 weeks.

This will take us into late-March/early-April, hopefully by which point, the Writers Guild strike action will have concluded, a decision on how "Heroes" Season 2 will continue (or possibly even conclude :eek: ), and how many episodes will make up Season 2, which will then dictate how it is scheduled on the BBC.

Hope that helps. :)

Pooch

Not the news I wanted but that does indeed help a lot

Thanks mate

Pooch, what do you mean? Season 2 has been filmed and finished showing in the US. The season was ended on 3rd Dec at episode 11 due to the writers strike so, in effect season 2 is complete. The last episode (11) ended with a teaser for 'Chapter 3'.

So, whether it is shown in Jan or April over here makes no difference, the episodes are done.

Season 3 was scheduled to be shown starting March 3rd in the US - writers strike permitting. However, that date has now been scratched from all the info sites that I know of.

It is worth noting that some TV websites are detailing the next episode as 'Season 2 episode 12'. But season 2 did indicate it had finished in episode 11 (they re-wrote the episode to end the story early).

Hi Rom,

Thanks for that correction. I was referring to the original plan to have a full-length series of 23 episodes, as per Season 1. But, thanks for the news. :)

Still, I think BBC2 were being cautious, just to be on the safe side, hence them bringing forward "Torchwood" Series 2. :)

Pooch

No problem Pooch. My only worry is that Sky One will snatch Heroes from the BBC like they have done with other shows such as Lost from Channel4. I hate them for that. They let the networks test the water then come in with the big money.

Well, seen it all anyway and will buy the HD DVD like I did with season 1, when it is released (come on Universal!)! :thumbsup:

I download my episodes from the interweb after they have been aired in the States. There has been a writers strike recently and so they have only gone up to episode 11 in season 2.

Does anyone know when episode 12 is likely to be shown in the States?

I download my episodes from the interweb after they have been aired in the States. There has been a writers strike recently and so they have only gone up to episode 11 in season 2.

Does anyone know when episode 12 is likely to be shown in the States?

This is probably not the best place to say that you download programmes illegally.

Cheers
Moosh

Pooch, what do you mean? Season 2 has been filmed and finished showing in the US. The season was ended on 3rd Dec at episode 11 due to the writers strike so, in effect season 2 is complete. The last episode (11) ended with a teaser for 'Chapter 3'.

So, whether it is shown in Jan or April over here makes no difference, the episodes are done.

Season 3 was scheduled to be shown starting March 3rd in the US - writers strike permitting. However, that date has now been scratched from all the info sites that I know of.

It is worth noting that some TV websites are detailing the next episode as 'Season 2 episode 12'. But season 2 did indicate it had finished in episode 11 (they re-wrote the episode to end the story early).
to make it more confusing chapter 3 (episodes 12 onwards) was actually still season 2 so season hasn't officially ended yet unless they decide to scrap it now and start again in September again with chapter 3 then starting as season 3. Originally, season was to contain 2 chapters, 2 and 3 and 2 was due to end before Christmas anyway, its just they rushed it towards the end to make it a proper ending incase the strike went on too long and they couldn't air chapter3 until season 3 starts etc.

No problem Pooch. My only worry is that Sky One will snatch Heroes from the BBC like they have done with other shows such as Lost from Channel4. I hate them for that. They let the networks test the water then come in with the big money.

Well, seen it all anyway and will buy the HD DVD like I did with season 1, when it is released (come on Universal!)! :thumbsup:

Afaik, the BBC has the rights to the first three seasons of Heroes.

Torchwood was always slated to run from January, with Heroes to follow on in that slot on BBC 2/BBC HD. What has bitten the dust due to the Writers strike is a Heroes spin-off which will not see the light of day until next year at the earliest.

Heroes was due to start in January according to my TV paper before the xmas edition. They then changed it to Torchwood in the paper the following week in the xmas one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom