1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heroes of Might & Magic IV Info Wanted

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Garrett, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    I’m just playing this most enjoyable strategy game again, and was wondering if any one knew a site that gives info of on the combining schools of training i.e. if you join a hero on Nature and Tactics you get a Warden, Death magic and Nature a Demonologist. Order magic and Tactics an Illusionist.
    Also info on what extra bonuses the combined school give.

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,461
    Have you tried looking in the Celestial Heavens website? http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~homm/
    I used to play heroes of might and magic 3, a great game, but takes soooo long to play it online ;) , and so many damn good players, always had a good whippin'

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    Thanks I found the link here. :clap:

I have never played it online always single player. Version IV is a little different from III, the maon difference is the hero himself is ivoved in the battles and if deffeted can be rescued from the enemy prisons, if the senario does not stste there capture is the end of game. There is also no upgrades in the units ie angel to archangel.

4. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, I've been looking for something like this.

I was a big fan of HOMM III, but IV is taking over my life. (in a good way) :thumbsup:

5. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Is it good then?

I bought it a while ago, but haven't got round to playing it yet. (I've had Rise of Nations for nearly a year without playing that too! :blush: )

Any particular tactics or advice for when I do install and start playing this?

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    Good? I had a mate visiting 2 years ago over Christmas, he was stopping at his parents I lent him HOMM III, more fool me I ever hardly saw him he was playing till 6-8 in the morning neither his parents or I saw much of him that Christmas. He was so hooked with the game.

TIPS
    Don’t go mad a start joining a lot of different schools/classes of training. A lot of low level classes are really weak one high level class is deadly.
    Black Dragons rule.
    Put range units at the back of formations and use high life or big stacks of low power units as meat shield, and in some cases let the enemy come to you whilst whittling them down with archers and ballista’s etc.

I could go on all day but I do not want to give too many secrets away as that is part of the learning curve pleasure but play the scenarios first which will get you use to the different units, and you should be quite proficient when you come to the campaign. But in the campaign make your main hero very proficient in his skills he moves within one campaign scenario to the next.

If you do get stuck or need some specific advice come back to me on it.

7. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be sure to install all the patches. Unfortunately, they have to be done in order, which is easily the most annoying thing about the game.

To win? Every town type has their own strategies, but I've gone a long way with missile units and liberal use of the Quicksand spell. :lesson:

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    Patches what patches I have played the game from one end to the other with no problem well the last time using a SoundBlaster, this time on the MB soundcard the music does repeat sometimes.

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the patches from that site you linked:

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~homm/index.php?page=homm4/multiplayerfaq.shtml

Not sure about the changelists, and I expect most of the bugfixes are for multi-player, but I do know that it wasn't until I installed the last patch that I actually had a wheelbarrow icon for the Quicksand spell, and could actually tell where I was putting it.

Course, depending on when you bought your copy, the patches may already be on the CD.

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    Just wondering Azrikam when you loaded the patches did it give a true reading of how long it would take an hero to get from one place to an other? At present it only displays 4 max even if the journey is 8 days. :mad:

11. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it does, but I can't be sure as I don't remember any journeys taking longer than 4 days. I'll check tonight.

12. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    When I say it only says 4 days it says 4+.

13. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, looks like 4+ is the max, even with the patches.