Heroes in France : 6 million viewers

H

HeroesFrance

logotf1rg4.png

20:50, June 30, 2007

1x01 Genesis : 6 008 080 viewers (33,7%)
1x02 Don´t Look Back : 5 781 360 viewers (32,1%)
1x03 One Giant Leap : 5 668 000 viewers (40,7%)

Le programme a permis à TF1 de se placer très largement en tête des audiences de la soirée.

Le premier épisode, diffusé à 20h50, a rassemblé une moyenne de 6 008 080 téléspectateurs. Les parts d'audience atteignent 33,7 % sur les quatre ans et plus, 48,8 % sur les femmes de moins de cinquante ans et 49,6 % sur les 15-34 ans.

A 21h35, le second épisode a été suivi par une moyenne de 5 781 360 téléspectateurs pour 32,1 % de part d'audience, dont 46,2 % des femmes de moins de cinquante ans et 50,6 % des 15-34 ans.

Enfin, à 22h25, le troisième et dernier épisode de la soirée a retenu une moyenne de 5 668 000 téléspectateurs pour 40,7 % de part d'audience, dont 55,2 % des femmes de moins de cinquante ans et 59,5 % des 15-34 ans.

Mediametrie

4849300200cw2.jpg

The BBC would get that sort of audience if the show was given a half decent BBC1 timeslot.

...and how do you know it won't recieve a decent timeslot, it hasn't started airing on BBC yet?

...and how do you know it won't recieve a decent timeslot, it hasn't started airing on BBC yet?

i dont think starburst is not saying that, take out the word 'was' as it has not aired on bbc yet, replace it with 'is', then if bbc get the timeslot right, they can pull in the punters. :)

The BBC would get that sort of audience if the show is given a half decent BBC1 timeslot.

It will do good business for the BBC regardless of the channel or timeslot but we know from experience that BBC1 generates more viewers than BBC2 (x-files added 1 million simply through moving from 2 to 1) and a primetime slot will generate more viewers than late night.

I don't remember the last time a major US import was given primetime slot on BBC1 so it's reasonable to assume it will follow the Medium/X-Files/Triangle BBC1 schedule or turn up on BBC2 and provide viewing figures below which could have been generated if it was given the opportunities a UK production would get.

I was told by many people in the UK that the BBC is anti American, could that have anything to do with it ?

This show deserves an evening timeslot on your best UK channel, its one of the best shows on TV for many a year.

This show deserves an evening timeslot on your best UK channel, its one of the best shows on TV for many a year.
BBC is not ike any broadcaster you know its not a commercial channel, so it isnt all about ratings they have a wide remit and are limited in what they can show and when. I still dont get the point of the OPs post tho.

As for being Anti American, no more than the rest of us.....

I'll hopefully be proved totally wrong, but I'm guessing the BBC reasoning will be something like "It's superheroes isn't it? Must be a kids programme, let's shove it an early evening slot" and promptly cut it to shreds. :)

I'll be very surprised if it turns up on BBC1, especially at primetime. I suppose they may stick it on BBC2 at 9.00pm on a Wednesday after Rome has finished.

Do we really want BBC1 primetime being filled with imported shows (no matter how good). Isn't that what Sky1 is for? The BBC should be about quality home made programming.

Now the fact that the quality is highly debatable is another story......

Do we really want BBC1 primetime being filled with imported shows (no matter how good). Isn't that what Sky1 is for? The BBC should be about quality home made programming.

The BBC are about providing something for everyone (well in theory and at a price) and hence imported content (if of the required production quality) is as valid as any UK sourced content.
That said no one has called for mass importing of cheap overseas content but even a die hard UK TV fan would have to admit (if they were open minded) that you could pick up a dozen shows from North America that equal if not eclipse the best of the UK and deserve the best timeslot to reach the maximum audience.

Personally I believe using a DVR makes primetime rather redundant and in fact destroys the idea of a broadcaster enforced schedule and as the DVR becomes more common and OnDemand content more viable the impact of the timeslot will diminish even further which will impact the terrestrials more than most just as multichannel TV has buthchered the average viewing figures for the big boys.

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it being on BBC1 primetime. I doubt I could find more than a couple of shows I'd watch that are currently on BBC primetime at the moment, so I'm sure they could fit it in somewhere :)

I bet it will be shown at 6pm and cut and then uncut later in the week at a later time. That is what happened to the last couple of seasons of Buffy as they were more adult then previous seasons.

Looks like it's going to be on BBC2, just seen a Heroes themed ident.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom