Heroes and Prison break are rubbish

MrGallardo

Ex Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Heroes complete rubbish. What is actually the story as it seems to jump from weird to stupid back to weird without any continuity. There seems to be all these totally boring and irrelevant side stories and in general it is just a mess.

I cant seem to get into it despite forcing myself to watch all the episodes to date.

All these guys with super powers yet no action nor exciting stories. The show is just constant bull about the future. What a complete let down.

Likewise prison break. Perhaps one of my favourite shows in the form of season 1 and season 2 yet season 3 and season 4 have been the biggest tosh recently shown on TV for a while.

At this rate I'll join my little nephew watching kids cartoons

Agree to some extent with Heroes, I loved it to begin with but this season has gone mad and put me off, though I'm still watching it out of habit...

Not seen Prison break.

Ive enjoyed them both but can still get what your saying . They both havnt been as good as they started off .

I think Heroes recieved far to much hype I liked 1 but I started a thread myself here saying I thought 2 was rubish not watched 3 yet im sky + ing it .

I do feel Heroes is fast disappearing up its own bottom with the makers and cast believing their own hype from the success of Season 1

Have always felt Prison Break was pure escapist fun ... but has got rather silly now

Very few established US drama shows I'm genuinely excited to watch a new episode of now ... just Lost, Dexter

Yeah Heroes was incredible to begin with, suffered in the second season and so far the third has been one huge indulgence by the producers/writers. As for PB the first season was stellar and like Krish views it, it's just a fun show and I'm treating this season like a modern day Impossible Mission.

A couple of years is a long time in TV and right now I wouldn't say either show is must watch (blimey saying that about Heroes:) ) but who knows as LOST turned itself around when given time by the studio.

yep Heroes and PB gone to pot

just The Office US now... which is still great !

I've always struggled with Heroes. At times it can be brilliant but it can also be very dull. In fact mainly dull. Hiro and Ando provided most of the interesting/brill stuff in the first season but they were separated in the second. Laurel without Hardy. I haven't seen tonight's yet but so far season 3 has not got me going apart from Hiro and Ando.

I haven't seen any Prison Break so shouldn't have a go but how can a series of this nature go beyond one or two seasons? Do they all escape, get caught again and escape again?:confused:

Regards
Bri

I haven't seen any Prison Break so shouldn't have a go but how can a series of this nature go beyond one or two seasons? Do they all escape, get caught again and escape again?:confused:

Regards
Bri

Yes lol

In fairness its done really well but as people have said its slacking but PB is great escapism theres no boring bits its just weather or not they can hold our attention.

You might enjoy some of the harder hitting HBO dramas. I agree with all the above.

Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Unit, Fringe, Dexter, True Blood, Supernatural and Life are all better shows than Heroes and Prison Break. The Unit and Dexter have either returned to form or are actually at their best with the current season. Supernatural is continuing with its usual high calibre. Life and Sarah Connor are at least up to par with their first seasons and Sarah Connor has possibly been better. True Blood and Fringe are great new shows.

I think Heroes lost direction because of the writers strike and has never got it back, I can see me quite quickly losing interest. Prison Break ran its course and then got dragged against its will through two more seasons.

Even a great show like The Shield is painting by numbers now.

Prison Break is like watching the PC Adventure game "Monkey Island", sorry for an old 90's reference. But it's like watching the story progress a little only for them to fall into another seemingly impossible puzzle then find a bizarre solution just before the show ends. If you can handle that concept, grab the pop corn, sit back and enjoy with a wry smile.

There you go, Michael Schofield is Guybrush Threepwood, you heard it here first ;)

Not watched Heroes S3 at all yet. I left off Prison Break at the conclusion of S2 but am reluctant to get back into what I believed from the very beginning should have been a one season concept

I see a pattern between me not watching shows, and said shows becoming... **** :D

Heroes S1 was brilliant. Absolutely top class, imo and one of the finest debut seasons for many a year. Watched it 2.5 times:D

S2 was a definate step down (just finished watching it).

I was/am hoping that S3 will be an improvement on S2 (recording them to my PVR to watch them in one go) and will be disappointed if it is not.:(

PB1 was great, again. S2 was ok. Not seen any more of it as I don't have Sky.

I haven't seen PB so am just commenting on Heroes. IMO i think we just need to let the seasons settle in. The writers obviously have an arc and some of the middle episodes might drag and be boring but i have hope that soon things will change and the last third of the season will be great.

I think with so much choice these days, people lose patience with shows too quick rather than watching the whole series and then deciding whether they enjoyed it or not.

Agreed. PB season 1 was great. Should have left it there, or possibly given it a longer break to come up with a better story for season 2.

I have totally lost the plot with Heroes S3. Heroes S2 started quite slow and the writers/producers were criticised for making it 'too slow' or intentionally thought provoking. Sooooo for S3 they have gone completely OTT on the action and FX and it's now a complete mess. Sylar has become a joke, Hiro and Ando are Laurel & Hardy, Claire is running around in black leather (not such a bad thing), Mohindar has...well....

Heroes might turn it around. Apparently it is losing viewing figures in the US rapidly.

I also found a screen-cap of Zach Quinto (Sylar) as Spock, in the new Star Trek movie, on the Internet this morning. Looking good....

for S3 they have gone completely OTT on the action and FX and it's now a complete mess. Sylar has become a joke, Hiro and Ando are Laurel & Hardy, Claire is running around in black leather (not such a bad thing), Mohindar has...well......

Does anyone else think that the woman who appears to be everybody's mother or grandmother and now seems to be running the company is the spitting image of Cherie Blair

Prison break was rubbish from season 2 onwards. Its lost all credibility for me since the first season. I actually still watch PB but instead of having me on the edge of my seat it has me in fits of laughter as the storyline is so pants. Also Michael seems able to do anything he fancies turning his hand too. :rotfl:

Theres more realistic story lines on CBeebies.

I also fear Heroes is going the same way, its no where near the stupidity of PB but it looks like it wont be long now. :(

Does anyone else think that the woman who appears to be everybody's mother or grandmother and now seems to be running the company is the spitting image of Cherie Blair

PMSL.... Yes.... :rotfl:

Prison break was rubbish from season 2 onwards. Its lost all credibility for me since the first season. I actually still watch PB but instead of having me on the edge of my seat it has me in fits of laughter as the storyline is so pants. Also Michael seems able to do anything he fancies turning his hand too. :rotfl:

Theres more realistic story lines on CBeebies.

I thought PB was a true story:eek::D;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom