1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hero -r3 from cdwow

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by soulbrother, Oct 5, 2004.

1. soulbrother

soulbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got this ? and what is the pq and sound like?.I have read that the HK R2 Release has slightly better pq and a more refined sounding audio,Seen the HKR2 for about £20 but the r3 is up for a good price,or should i wait for the R1 in nov.

2. johna

johna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got this and without having seen either the HK release or obviously the R1 I cant compare. But to me the sound and PQ were gobsmakingly good

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    if its the edko version its got picture problems : have a look on here about the various versions.

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the EDKO version and as for the so-called picture problems, relax it looks and sounds fabulous, perhaps if you have a huge screen projection system you might notice some slight problems but otherwise buy and enjoy, the problems are nothing more than the slightest of shimmering in a few scenes which lasts about the same time it took me to write this sentence.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    As I pointed out Foxy the cadence (field relationship) on both the edko and gdface has been trashed so to suggest its an insignificant problem is debatable. When it comes to video cadence its either correct or it isn't and both these discs fall into the latter category.

There is little hope that anything short of vector based warping deinterlace will cope with it (and you won't find that on anything approaching domestic kit).

As for watching it interlaced the problems will resolve as general mushiness and pronounced judder (much worse than 3:2 pulldown).

I have both of these discs and the only thing stopping me getting rid of them is not wanting to pass on duff discs to someone else.