1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hero plus sp50 plus hd 945

Discussion in 'TVs' started by croozer, Mar 31, 2005.

1. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just watched hero in hdmi.this dvd has every colour that you can imagine and every slow and fast action possible.unfortunately no words can express the visual splendor of this combination.with todays technology the sammy must rule the roost.it just needs to be set up correctly.

2. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do u set it up correctly? I dont think i have the setting right or are you guys exaggerating :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

3. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no exageration,you will only get out what you put in.so some signals are better than others.from worst to best they are terrestrial tv,sky,vhs,svhs,dvd,dv and hdmi.what i did was to run through all signal sources altering settings in the menu on each one until i reached a good average that suited my eyes.you get good and bad pictures with an ordinary tv but because you don't expect so much you don't notice them.these forums are very good and helpful but on the subject of vision they can lead you to look for faults.prior to my sp50 i had a 36 inch sony with an "unbeatable"picture.however once i had been on this forum i really studied it and only then noticed the imperfections.the first things i looked for on the sp50 were rainbows.jaggies, smearing,blurring, bad colour and all the other faults i have read about.i don't remember doing anything like that in the past when buying an ordinary tv. try a good sky signal and notice the natural skin tones and then you flip through the channels and see how many of the channels make faces look unnatural because of a poor signal or poor filming.it's not the sp50,it's what's going into it.

4. g_unit

g_unit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you there Croozer, if it wasn't for these forums you probably wouldn't even notice some of the problems with today TV's... but I would rather know what the problems with my TV are and make my own decision if I'm happy to live with them or not, rather than being ignorant to them.

Also I agree with what you say about pq, on good feeds (even sky - sometimes) this sammy is a force to be recond with. Matrix revolutions on a el'crappo dvd player is jaw dropping. HD clips via VGA is even more impressive - its hard to imagine how HDMI could be even better... Now I feel like going home early and watching TV! :)

5. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    very interesting. So have these forums made our lifes harder by picking on things that we otherwise woudnt realise!!!!!

Oh by the way what settings did u settle with in the end? Any changes in the service menu options?

6. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    croozer are you in a good reception area & have a good arial. On my RD50 i would rate
    terrestial TV as being better than Telewest cable for picture quality most of the time & freeview digital with a PC digital TV tuner though DVI can be better than DVD.