here's one for you!

steviep68

Standard Member
Reaction score
when i had my hd fitted (first day, sad) i pulled my amp away from the wall to help, and managed to snap the lead from my pv1 that goes into the sub outlet, in fact what happened was the pin of the connector broke and got left in the back of the amp.

tried everything i can think of to get it out, to no avail. have since connected the sub via the leads to connect to the speaker terminals, its
rubbish compared with before obviously because i cant use the dedicated sub channel.

spoke to my retailer who will send it back to denon, but it would be 2 weeks
and they cannot lend me an amp as only have new stock. i have no other means of sound!

nightmare, anyone know how to get the pin out please?

oohh..gonna be difficult, those pins are pretty small...also fairly tough normally....

you could try using a bit of very strong bonding glue, ie Araldite (spelling?) type stuff.....just be careful and make sure it only goes on the end of the pin thats still in there, then use another bit of metal and squidge it on carefully....(in other words use a very tiny blob dead centre so when you squidge it you dont squidge too much and the bonding glue hits the sides of the tube its stuck in)

there is a small chance it will work and bond enough to pull it out carefully..

not a lot of chance it'll work, also take a while for it to set.....

oh and with it being Xmas, i wouldnt like to bet you'll get it back in two weeks...more likely by the new year....

thanks, i tried that first...... youre right! it doesnt work!
does anyone know a denon dealer or chain that could lend me an amp, anything will do, just so i have some sound while its away?

Is there any way of (very carefully) removing the casing and pushing it out from the inside ?....Just a thought...

thought about that and got scared, does anyone know if thats possible please?

I wouldn't - an opened case will invalidate your warranty. You wouldn't be able to access the back of the RCA socket safely anyway as it will have soldered wire coming out of the back. Send it back to Denon - I cannot imagine that any other dealer from who you have not bought would lend you an amp. Alternatively you could try an electrical repairer who might be able to do it for you there an then (possibly fit a new RCA and resolder).

I wouldn't - an opened case will invalidate your warranty. You wouldn't be able to access the back of the RCA socket safely anyway as it will have soldered wire coming out of the back. Send it back to Denon - I cannot imagine that any other dealer from who you have not bought would lend you an amp. Alternatively you could try an electrical repairer who might be able to do it for you there an then (possibly fit a new RCA and resolder).

Everything he says is right. No dealer is just going to just lend you an amp. Your best option is to take it back to the dealer you bought it from and get them to send it back to Denon for repair. I bet you won't be doing that again in a hurry.

thanks for the advice, i didnt mean incidently to loan an amp for free, would have been happy to pay.
anyway, your right, i wont do it again!

Is the pin solid or hollow?

If hollow could you gently screw a tiny screw into the inside of the pin until it binds then pull the screw out out?

Any chance of a pic?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom