Hereditary 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Simon. Sounds really good, though not my cup of tea (A Quiet Place is about as "Horror" as I go nowadays!)
A Question - above the Audio section it says:-
Hereditary Man 4K Audio

I didn't see the word "Man" appear anywhere else in the Titles - was that a typo?

Thanks Simon, sounds great fun!

Impressive film, well made and suitably creepy. Looks good via Netflix, but the 4k disc is hugely tempting. Great write up...

Shame about the director's subsequent release, Midsommer. Unequivocally the most drawn-out, dull, pretentious film i saw last year.

Great film and atmosphere until 2/3rd's through and then so utterly awful the whole cinema I was in watching it was laughing.

Great film and atmosphere until 2/3rd's through and then so utterly awful the whole cinema I was in watching it was laughing.

Yeah, pretty ironic that the film's final shot centres on an opening. Well, an elderly man's biffin anyway. More than close enough...

A badly overrated film, very formulaic and don’t get me started on the ending. Most disappointed I have been after watching a film for a long time, proof you can’t rely on the critics.

Thanks Simon. I picked up the Blu-ray new for peanuts (£4 I think?) and that will do me. I liked it a lot and it was like a breath of fresh air. I like Midsommer a lot too but the Blu-ray will do for me on that one too.

I was half way through this review before I realised I'd watched it back in June - I'd blanked it from my memory. Dreadful ending; like The Game of Thrones, it destroyed everything that came before it.

Available for rent right now on iTunes USA for 99 cents 4K Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos
Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 07.38.04.png

Can’t get past how much the wee girl looks like Kevin Bridges - don’t think I could take the film seriously because of that :)
9743C032-E8C1-454B-AAFA-3906A2B012B2.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom