here we go...

mrbsh1

Novice Member
So what's the plans mate? Tell us a bit more about your kit and what you plan to do.

I am in the same boat as you. Sold the house living back with the parents while I wait for the new house to settle. I am a month over due and all my kit is sitting and waiting, the blu ray collection just keeps growing.

Good luck with it all!

Geps

Hack it ALL out? Surely not....just cut openings where you need and fish cables through?

crossleymarko

Novice Member
yeah cutting holes is a shame to.. anyways done the deed today... not too much damage... nearly a full afternoon to run my new cable for my new speakers..(eventually). got let down on some in walls so still looking around.
anyway quite a productive day.. other than cables.. run 2 79 strands for the rears ive read these are adeqaut for rears. wanted to run under the floor boards and joists as the floor is floating... but the problem we had was the wall we took down in the living room(load bearing) was still under the floor boards... so all the new carpet came up and furniture moved... wish id planned for it when we first started the building works 6 mnths ago.... but we didnt so .... nevermind..
all i have to do now is make my mind up for the power... do i run a spare from a socket..... i know you can only have so many spurs on a ring... and the socket nearest looks like a spur itself.... or do i take the carpets up again and run a ring to the fuse board.... i know whats easiest.. but whats the safest. any sparks on ere give some advise..:thumbsup: people are probably thinking why didnt you do it when carpet was up... well thought i had some 2.5mm t/e.
but didnt... so the mrs is picking me some up in the morn.
the tv will be inset on a cantilever bracket.. with 30mm all round and vents in the top...
ill get some pics on in a min...
id call it a floating breast....lol

crossleymarko

Novice Member
wehey!... finally... sorry box cloud wouldnt work so dropbox it is
Rear speakers being installed... new carpet taken up...

wanted to see what the unit would fit / look like.

was boxed up before we moved... a year in september it is....

silver tape applied for reflectors on timbers that will hold the rope lights

heres the test with and without flash

crossleymarko

Novice Member
We used to use the tape on site.. doing fire blankets... quite dear. But aldi are selling it from Sunday cheap as chips ... spent most of today wiring.. decided to have a seperate circuit for the AV stuff so ran a new ring.. and 2 fuse spurs for the rope lights.... here is is the first time I used the tape makes a massive difference..... I taped up the Coving before fitting.. as I will with this build...picture comming app on phone keeps crashing

Falloutcal

Standard Member
Looking great so far dude!

dangusnz

Standard Member
lol - same on my Kiwi install thread but it does show that everyone is keeping track like I have of yours but havn't had much to say! Its looking really good though!

I do have a question - The recess behind your tv bracket I am assume allows you add cables at a later stage?

Have you picked a type of scotia/coving for around the ceiling yet?

thebigmcp

We used to use the tape on site.. doing fire blankets... quite dear. But aldi are selling it from Sunday cheap as chips ... spent most of today wiring.. decided to have a seperate circuit for the AV stuff so ran a new ring.. and 2 fuse spurs for the rope lights.... here is is the first time I used the tape makes a massive difference..... I taped up the Coving before fitting.. as I will with this build...picture comming app on phone keeps crashing
Thanks for the heads up.
Picked up 2 off 15m rolls £1.49 each.

Cheers

MCP

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Latest News

Toshiba launches UK4B 4K Alexa enabled TV
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mulan to premiere on Disney+ on 4th September
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Has Amazon Prime Video dropped Dolby Atmos?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom