1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go......£6000 help me spend

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rloughra, Feb 13, 2002.

1. rloughra

rloughra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you may have seen from my other threads, i have one of the much loved/loathed DAV systems (800). However i agree that as good as it is........it is no match for an equivalent separates package. My sister has asked me to pick out the components to form her shiny new home cinema room. She likes the DAVS800, but I've convinced her to go the separates route. I like the PAnasonic plasma at RC for £4500 which leaves £1500 for DVD and speakers. I'd like to hear your suggestions as to what you'd buy with this amount of dosh ......

Cheers

Rob :)

PS Is the best connection from the DVD to the plasma to use RGB ?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    The Plasma tv wipes out a huge chunk of your budget.

Personally, I´d get a projector (the new Panasonic AE100) for about 1500 quid and spend the rest on a decent amp/speaker/dvd package such as:

Denon A11SR, with either M&K speakers/sub and a Denon 2800 dvd player with Progressive Scan.

Or any speakers in the Kef reference range (as they are being discounted now because of new models) with a Rel subwoofer.

For dvd players consider Toshiba 900E, Arcam DV88 or even the Toshiba 210E (cheap but a cracker).

If you want the Plasma then go for the Toshiba 210 dvd, Denon 3802 amp and that´ll leave about 600-700 quid for speakers. Kef´s Q range would do the job nicely.

Hope this helps

cheers

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Forgot to mention, best connection from the dvd to plasma would be Component Video, the Toshibas have them as does the Denon 2800.