Not open for further replies.

Chiffs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hope this helps a few if its not been posted elsewhere already:smashin:

Link
O2 | iPhone 4 | How to upgrade

Pay Monthly customers upgrading to iPhone 4

If you're an existing Pay Monthly customer, we have a number of ways for you to upgrade to the new iPhone 4.

Customers currently eligible for an upgrade can easily upgrade online or in an O2 shop, when the phone goes on sale on the 24th of June 2010.

However, even if you're currently in the middle of your minimum term there are a number of options to get your hands on one.

Option 1: Early Upgrade Offer, valid from 24 June to 24 July 2010.

You can pay a reduced one-off charge and upgrade straight away to an iPhone 4. To find out more about your charge and the rules have a look our Early Upgrade Offer.
Option 2: Buy the iPhone 4 on Pay & Go.

If you don't want to upgrade to a new iPhone on a Pay Monthly contract, you can buy an iPhone 4 on Pay & Go. Remember you'll need to continue to pay for your existing Pay Monthly contract.

Pay Monthly customers with O2 Insure can move their new Pay & Go iPhone onto their existing O2 Insure policy. Just give us a call within the first 3 days of purchase to let us know.
Option 3: Wait until you're eligible for an upgrade.

All Pay Monthly O2 customers are part of O2 Priority List and everyone has an opportunity to upgrade early. Have a look at the table below to see how soon you will be eligible for an upgrade.

If you're a Platinum customer...get a 6 month early upgrade If you're a Gold customer...get a 3 month early upgrade If you're a Silver or Blue customer...get a 1 month early upgrade If you don't already know your Priority List tier you'll be able to find out from mid-day 10 June by texting DATE to 21302.

Terms apply. Get more information on O2 Priority List .

Switching to a micro sim

No matter how you choose to upgrade to iPhone 4, you'll need to change your current sim to a micro sim. We'll have more information about this soon.

Pay & Go customers upgrading to iPhone 4

If you're already on Pay & Go with O2 and buying the iPhone 4, you'll need to transfer your existing O2 number, balance and tariff onto a new micro sim. We'll have some more information on how to do this soon.

Businesses upgrading to iPhone 4

If you're an existing Business customer, we have a number of ways for you to upgrade when the new iPhone4 goes on sale on 24 June 2010.

Businesses currently eligible for an upgrade with O2 can easily upgrade in an O2 shop, through the Business Customer Services Upgrade team or by talking to their account manager.

However, even if you're currently in the middle of your minimum term there are a number of options to get your hands on one.
Option 1: Early Upgrade Offer, valid from 24 June to 24 July 2010.

You can pay a reduced one-off charge and upgrade straight away to an iPhone 4. To find out more about your charge and the rules have a look our Early Upgrade Offer.

This offer is only for O2 Business customers who are managed directly by O2. If you are an O2 customer who is managed by one of our Partners, you will need to contact them directly to discuss your options.
Option 2: Wait until you're eligible for an upgrade.

If you're an O2 Business customer who has purchased online or through an O2 shop, you could be eligible for a mid-term upgrade, ie a handset upgrade at month 12 of your 24 month contract. Go to your nearest O2 shop if you think you may be eligible.

Alternatively you can contact your O2 account manager to discuss the options for your business account.

If you are one of our Partner customers, contact them directly to discuss your upgrade options.
Switching to a micro sim

No matter how you choose to upgrade to iPhone 4, you'll need to change your current sim to a micro sim. We'll have more information about this soon.

I have 12 months on my 3gs 16gb contract with o2, and was initially delighted with this news. It would cost me £240 to buy out my contract and I could get around that for selling my 3gs...all good.
However, when i took out my contract, I can't remember how much i actually paid for my 3gs. I got it on a 24 month £35 a month deal.
In excitement tonight, i put my 3gs on ebay. Although I am confident of making the money to buy out my remaining contract, I am now worried that the iphone 4, on the same contract I have got now (£35 a month for 24 months-16gb) will cost silly money.
How much do you lot think it will cost me on this contract?
Cheers.

Hadnt seen it posted elsewhere, hopefully this post might help some others that have not seen this yet. :)

Its going to cost me £360 to upgrade then money on top of the new contract. This offer is rubbish for me because £350 + £89 (approx) = £439 which will be roughly the cost of a PAYG handset but with the PAYG option i wouldnt have to sign up to another 24 monther, hmmmm...

However i think what i may do providing the prices stay the same is pay £89 get the 32GB model on the 24 month contract @ £45 then downgrade that tariff in 9 months.

Total price for 32GB iPhone 4 £439. :)

Ive already sold my 32GB iPhone 3GS for £350 so all in all its going to cost me £89 out of my own cash to upgrade if the prices stay the same...

EDIT: I didnt calculate the extra £10 extra a month i will pay for 9 months for minutes i will never use over my currently more than ample £35 a month with 600 mins... bah extra £90!!!

Total out of my pocket than normal = £179
Total overall cost = £529

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom