Her Story PC Review

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Guns_LotsOfGuns, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
      Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,313
    2. kav

kav
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +13,813
      You reviewing PC games now @Guns_LotsOfGuns? :)

Definitely want to pick this up, looks really interesting and has been getting great reviews from almost everywhere.

3. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +24,519
      Steam xmas sale written all over it :)

4. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
      Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,313
      Not quite, ive been out of the PC building game for a while now, if this was on Android I would have played it on that but since it's not needs must! I think this is about as much as my laptop could handle at this point!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    5. TheyCallMeTJ

TheyCallMeTJ

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,898
      I just finished this game. I bought it from HUmble for £3.99, yesterday just a £1 less than on steam but you also get the DRM less standalone version.

The game is superb. Ingenious storytelling in which we are in full control in how we unravel the story. Yet even though we are in control in how we search for more video clips based on keywords we type, the mysteries unravel beautifully. Its so very cleverly structured.

And what a story. Lots of red herrings though fascinating in their own right and the revelations are stunning.

It is very short though. And it seems I have solved the mysteries with just watching 50% of the database videos as I had not achieved the 50% achievement award. Is that a sign I was being a bit too clever with my keyword search? ;)

But even though I understand the mysteries and crime, I am still compelled to scour the whole database for a fuller picture because the actress who carries the whole damn show does a sterling job.

I totally recommend this if you want something different or a little departure from your more action orientated gaming.

This isnt a game that will really tax your brains. In facts its a dead easy game to play. But its all about how YOU pursue clues and how the narrative rolls and I am sure it will be a different journey for every gamer.

I wish there was a little more in the way of closure but its a only small gripe. Also, I wish there was a little more emotional power emaniting from the game, particularly the end. The actress is great but the vibe of the game has a coldness to it...well, I suppose that's how its meant to be in an interrogation room but still...when the stunning story is considered, there could have been a little more emotional impact. Again, small gripe.

I wondered why this couldnt have been on a Mobile platform but then the authenticness of typing keywords on a 90s keyboard would have been lost, so playing it on a PC is certainly the best way to experience the game :)

I'll give this an 8.5/10 for a unique experience. Not the greatest FMV game ever made as many are lauding it to be, that award for me personally goes to Gabriel Knight II: Beast Within.

6. TheyCallMeTJ

TheyCallMeTJ

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,898
      I'm still paying this game despite the fact I finished the main plot but I just wanted to dig into every detail that I can find for completion and as I do so the more I apprecitiate the cleverness in the search engine. Its very smart to not reveal too much too early. A hell of a lot of intricate thought has gone into the structure of this deceptively simple game interface.

I have now covered around 92% of the game footage but my game and full enough picture did end around 40% mark. It all depends on the methodology of your investigative structure.

Just one grip I have. I do wish that after completion, the footage is available in sequential order but although you can sort the clips, the interface makes it deliberately infuriating to do so and would take hours and hours to sort...not worth doing it. Nevertheless, still a brilliant narrative experience.