HEOS Share setup???

Veedubbayou

Novice Member
I am trying to add a "share" to HEOS to play music files from my PC on my Denon AVR X2700H receiver. I have followed the instructions found on the Denon website but I can't create the share. It keeps saying, can't create share may need to restart the receiver. I'm wondering if I have a syntax error with the path to the shared folder on my computer. It is located on the D: drive, if that matters. The folder properties dialog box give the network path as "\\OUR-DESKTOP\Foldername". The HEOS instructions say the path should be formatted as "//ipaddress/foldername". I have tried every conceivable combination trying to hit on the correct syntax. Notice the slashes go opposite directions from the network path in the properties dialog and the Denon instructions. So that is my first question, which way should slashes go. I have tired both ways. Second do I need to include the drive i.e D: in the path. I have tried including that too. Third, should there be the leading two slashes. I've tried with and without. My computer does not use a password, but I have tried including the Microsoft user password and still nothing changes. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thank you!

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd imagine that you'd have to intially configue Windows to allow sharing?

You'd then setup HEOS:

To make this feature work, you will need to setup your HEOS device using the HEOS App and also setup your computer to allow access to the music on your PC. (Windows or Mac).
Computer Setup

• You will need to change the folder sharing settings to allow the users access to the music files on your computer from the HEOS App.

Veedubbayou

Novice Member
Thank you for your input, I already did all that, but it still won't create the "share" in HEOS. The links you posted are the very instructions I have been using to try to get this to work.
As I mentioned in my original post, the slashes go different directions depending on if you look at the HEOS instructions or the path that Windows gives. I have tried all the options I can think of so I was looking for someone who has successfully done this that could possibly provide very specific syntax for the path in the HEOS app.

Apologies for the bump, but I am having the exact same issues. Tried every variation I can think of, renamed folders, tried different PCs/Ip addresses. No luck.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Yegor

Novice Member
Same problem. Network share accessible from other devices in home network, but HEOS App reports that share could no be added. Any solutions?

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Same problem. Network share accessible from other devices in home network, but HEOS App reports that share could no be added. Any solutions?
Have you tried using a DLNA server on the PC instead? I use Servio (free) and HEOS app has no problem accessing my (shared) music folders via this.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom