HEOS connectivity for non-Heos powered speakers

Edxactly

Novice Member
I’m 90% sure I know this isn’t possible , but every year or so I go out looking and hoping.
I’ve a pretty good HEOS setup and have used the powered amp for our non-powered deck speakers.
What I keep hoping I can find is some sort of “HEOS non powered audio signal receiver “ so that I could add some existing powered speakers to the mix .
I get that they want to force people to buy their speakers. It just seems that in the end this closed off system might hurt them . If I had to do it all over again I would probably look for a less restrictive eco system. I do love the system , I just can’t afford it lol.
I can probably split/peel the the audio from zone 1 or 2 hdmi output on my AVR and fire that off via non-heos tx/rx or hard wired so I can at least “duplicate” that audio stream . Won’t have the ability to group that speaker set individually as it would always be associate to the zone output but it’s better than spending ~$1000+ on new Heos speakers .

jwlittle5

Novice Member
I agree, it's a shame there isn't a more open system. The HEOS receivers sound great, and I just read that the Denon speakers sound better than SONOS. There are endless complaints on-line about how lousy the HEOS app is compared to other music apps, so they have their work cut out for them. I'm still getting acquainted with my setup and enjoying the features, but it's frustrating that it would cost over $1000 to stream to a second room. Since I'm already invested, chances are I will eventually drop $350 to get the HEOS Link streaming music player so I can also stream to an existing stereo system.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom