Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Stephen Withers, 13th October 2011.
This Region B Blu-ray presents the film with a new 1080p transfer at an aspect ratio of 1.33:1 that is probably the best the film has ever looked considering its low budget origins. The LPCM 2.0 soundtrack also does an excellent job of capturing the film’s original and decidedly unnerving sound design. To cap it all off there is a very comprehensive selection of extras, including an excellent ‘making of’ documentary, deleted scenes and an informative commentary track.

It’s a good indication of how much things have changed here in the UK that we now have a completely uncut high definition print of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer available to watch on home video. We can finally see John McNaughton’s vision as he intended and whilst the film might be 25 years old, it has lost none of its disturbing power. Overall this is an excellent package that can easily be recommended to existing fans but anyone new to the film should be aware that Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer does not make for comfortable viewing.

Read the full review...

Good review,the first time I saw I think was Region 1 DVD,as you say at times very uncomfortable viewing,not sure if I want to watch it again,but I would rec a least one watch :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom