1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hendrix Releases with descent sound quality!?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Dimmy, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do they even exist?

I have the 'Voodoo Child' compilation release of last year, but like everything else I've found, the sound quality's awful. If I turn the volume up beyond about -16dB on my Denon, it begins to really pain my ears.

Are there any releases available where the sound quality's been sorted? Any at all?

Thanks

Dimmy :)

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Amazon can get copies of The Ultimate Hendrix Experience wich is remastered using HDCD technology, sound quality is referred to as 'quite good'.

Otherwise your off to Vinyl to get the best quality and we are talking mucho dosh. Typically $100 per audiophile album. They are usually on 180g or 200g heavyweight virgin vinyl and are a collectors piece, beautiful liners and sleeve notes, great artwork etc total quality.

If Im looking for that kind of stuff try audiophile international, they have a brill. website are quite expensive, but you get what you pay for. Dealt with them several times always a pleasure to deal with.

3. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have any links mate?

Thanks for the info btw, and if it costs $100 per audiophile album, then I'd better get a descent turntable!

Dimmy :)

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
  5. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    The 180 gram pressings are the best quality hendrix you can get, but "Are you experienced" and "Electric ladyland" give good results with a good quality turntable. Shame about "Axis" and "band of Gypsies" though, they still sound like they've been recorded in a spin dryer! :D