helpppppp1

dennis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
my brother has a two year old "time pc"today we bought a belkin 3 port firewire card wich i have installed for him however,when we restarted windows it recognised the card(found new hardware) but when it tried to load the driver it just stops and comes up with "bad data"i presume the driver is in windows itself as there is no driver disc with card,i think its supposed to be a ieee1495 host controler?,does this mean the windows driver may be corrupt?....any help appreciated,sorry for long post.:rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure. But it sounds like windows may be trying to install the wrong driver. You may be able to download the correct driver from the manufacturer's website (or somewhere else on the web). You can try uninstalling the current driver (using device manager), and then installing a downloaded driver, and see if that helps.

thanks for reply but i tried belkins web site and there are no drivers to download,in the instruction book all it says is windows will load the correct driver itself ,i will try re=loading windows for him in case it has cbad files,cant think of anything else to do.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom