1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Porrm, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I posted this question last week but got no replies!

I've had my AE100 for over a year now and after a recent filter clean a well defined blue square has appeared on the screen.

This does not look like a dust blob and I fear a pixel could have stuck open!

Can this happen?

And if so is there any way of getting rid of it? It's driving me mad and ruining my viewing pleasure!

Any help or advice would be very welcome!

Thanks

:confused:

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Theres shed loads of threads about this...Change to a black screen, defocus lens (try both ways) if you see a little blue dot you have a dust blob. Buy a can of air, take the projector casing off and blow the fella off. You may find instructions on what to unscrew and where to blow if you do a search.

3. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply!

I've just read loads of threads about dust problems and I have a green blob which I'm pretty sure is dust, However the blue dot that I'm worried about is defined and square when the PJ is in focus!!

That's why I am worried in case it's a stuck pixel! But I'm still not sure if pixels that were OK for a year can suddenly stick open??

Thanks, but I still need further advice!

Cheers.:confused:

4. Mirablo

Mirablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like a dead pixle to me .. dust wouldnt be defined when the PJ is focused and a dead pixle would. afaik pixles can die, it just doesnt happen all that often