help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by knalle, Jun 16, 2003.

1. knalle

knalle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello!!!
    i'm not the best at speakers and stuff but could some of you help me a litle???

I was wondering if the eltax millenium 500 is a good speaker???

you can find some info about it on

http://www.eltax.dk

And what i could tell me what Amplifiers/Receivers i could use to play them whit???

i were planing the make a home cinema thing....

2. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi knalle and welcome to the forums

Eltax generally make OK middle of the range speakers but I have not heard the model you are interested in so I would not be able to say if they are any good or not. Also with speakers it is always very subjective depending on the listener so I would try and demo them first. Also depending on your budget consider B&W, Mission, Kef and Monitor Audio as they make some of the better sounding speakers around.

What is it that you exactly want to do with these speakers. Do you just want a stereo hi-fi system are do you intend to go for a home cinema surround system. Also what is your budget and is there any constraints with the environment they are going to be in, i.e small room. If you can answers these questions then I can help a bit more

To get you started have a look at my site which is intended for people like yourself as it breaks down fairly simply what you should be looking for when putting together such a system, you can find it here