1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by tbhc, May 26, 2003.

1. tbhc

tbhc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!!
    Hi! I have several old recorded tapes from my analogue video camera ( which I now want to get rid of). So now I would like to copy these video tapes from my camera and over to my computer.
    Can anybody help me with how to do this? what kind of cables do I need? is it possible? do I need a special type of software?
    tips highly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Tora

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    OK there are a few options:

Are you going to get another digital camcorder? If so and your old tapes are 8mm or Hi8 then you could buy a Sony Digital8 camcorder. These camcorders can play the old tapes and can be capture with a DV capture card costing from £20 up.
    If your old tapes are VHSC or you do not want to get a new cam then you need to get an analogue capture device. These are made by such companies as Dazzle & Pinnacle and cost from around £100 up.

Software is available from many companies including the Microsoft Movie Maker that comes free with Windows XP. Download version 2 and you have a good starting point. Else buy the popular Pinnacle Studio 8 or any other entry level capture/editing software. Prices start from around £30 including DV capture card.

Let us know what tapes/cam you have and we can give some more help.

Mark.