Help

chris dean

Standard Member
Hi wanting to get a new flatscreen and have a sony 28inch crt at the moment,Looking at the Philips 37pfl7562d or samsung le40m87bdx.i have sky and a nintendo wii dont watch loads of movies can you suggest one or a different model.thanks

ChrisGgr

Two completely different tv's.The philips is 720p,while samsung is 1080p.From your uses I dont think you will need 1080p.So the philips is a better choice.What's your budget?The Sony KDL-40D3000 is a better model.The price for that is 769£ cheapest

chris dean

Standard Member
Two completely different tv's.The philips is 720p,while samsung is 1080p.From your uses I dont think you will need 1080p.So the philips is a better choice.What's your budget?The Sony KDL-40D3000 is a better model.The price for that is 769£ cheapest

just found out that Richer sounds printed off the wrong model number,so philips 37PFL7662 OR SAMSUNG LE40M87BDX ????

ChrisGgr

Ahhh,ok.Now both are 1080p.So between the two the Samsung is the clear winner!!!But I say you again:Why you want 1080p?Your uses are SD mainly!!!

chris dean

Standard Member
Just for the future hoping to have the tv for some years and have a budget upto £800 ish, can you suggest any other model of Samsung that is better???

ChrisGgr

Nothing that beats the samsung.The Toshiba 42X3030 is also a very good model

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom