Help

M

MAMOOK

Hi all,

Complete noob on the subject so apologies in advance!
Buying a whole new set up and wondered if the following items were compatible and if so what is the best way to interconnect them all together?

Samsung LE 40M86BD LCD (recommendation for tilt bracket appreciated)
Samsung HTX200R Theatre system
Sky+
And possibly Xbox 360

Cheers.

All responses would be welcomed please!

M

MAMOOK

Help required to set up my components please, I have very little knowledge in this field. I need the following advice so I can build the cabling into my new wall.
What cables do I need to connect my Samsung 40"lcd with my sky+ box and my Samsung htx200r home theatre system.

All help very much appreciated!

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Connect the HXT200R to the TV via HDMI and the Sky + via SCART to the TV and optical to the HXT200R. If I was you though, I would run all the cables (don't spend £££'s though) in the wall including component, VGA and maybe some Cat6 cables just to future proof your setup as you never know what kit you might buy. I got some HDMI 1.3 compatible cables from mark grant. Have a look at brands like Profigold as they're good value without breaking the bank and THOR or Vivanco for the SCART.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I answered your connection question in your other post but noticed you mention Xbox 360 in this one. The Xbox premium ships with a component cable so use that. You might need to get an optical splitter (Check cableuniverse or tvcables) so you can share the single optical input on the Samsung with both Sky+ and the 360. Of course if it's a Xbox Elite, it will have HDMI.

R

recruit

merged the 2 threads as they seem to be similar questions.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom