Help !

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by woodm, Jan 5, 2007.

1. woodm

woodm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My aerial is connected directly to my Sony RDR-DX860 DVD/HDD Freeview recorder, then from the recorder to my Sony Bravia 20" Freeview TV.

The picture via the DVD recorder breaks up every now and again for about 10 seconds or more on occasions, however, the TV picture is always perfect. I find this a bit annoying when recording.

Tonight I unplugged the aerial from the DVD Rec and plugged it directly into the TV and the picture remained perfect with no break ups.

I cannot understand why the picture is breaking up when firstly plugged into the DVD recorder, also when I retune it picks up 188 tv / radio stations when the TV only picks up 94 (exactly double). Is there a fault with the DVD Rec ?

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    You have picked up a set of duplicates with the recorder; there are only about 90 'stations' on digital terrestial frequencies and many of these are not actually Freeview stations.
    Sorry cannot help with what is wrong with your recorder; it could be a marginal signal; (your TVs tuner may be more sensitive) or the recorder could just be faulty.

Richard