Help.....

S

Se7en1977

Hi All

I'm in the market for a Camcorder, and I can't find anything decent to help me decide.

I want to spend up to a maximum of £500.
I've been looking at the JVC GZ-MG36, but the only review I could find said the picture quality could suffer. I don't mind editing on the PC, and I have a DVD Recorder I could edit on as well.

I don't really want to go with Tapes, but don't mind a DVD camcorder.

Does anyone have any advice on the JVC ??
Or any good other recorders in my budget ??

Thanks for any help.
Scott

redsox_mark

Novice Member
Well, if you want the best quality for your £500, it will be with tapes - I'd suggest the 3 CCD Panasonic GS300 (web prices around £470). If you plan to edit anyway (either PC or DVD recorder) I'm not sure why you'd prefer DVD.

For DVD camcorders, for the same sort of price you can get a Sony DCR-DVD404E. Picture quality won't be quite on par with the Panasonic, but better than the JVC HDD.

S

Se7en1977

redsox_mark said:
Well, if you want the best quality for your £500, it will be with tapes - I'd suggest the 3 CCD Panasonic GS300 (web prices around £470). If you plan to edit anyway (either PC or DVD recorder) I'm not sure why you'd prefer DVD.

For DVD camcorders, for the same sort of price you can get a Sony DCR-DVD404E. Picture quality won't be quite on par with the Panasonic, but better than the JVC HDD.

The problem I have is I don't like tape, I find the constant need to forward or rewind very annoying......I really like the look and the layout of the JVC HDD ones, and I like the idea of not having to carry loads of DVD's/Tapes with me, but am concerned about the quality.

redsox_mark

Novice Member
If you are editing I'm not sure why you would have a constant need to rewind and forward... you shoot... you rewind the tape once, and you capture to the PC to edit. If you want to use the tape again you rewind it again. It is also a more reliable long term storage media than DVD.

But if tape is not an option for you, then you have to compromise - either quality or money (or both). You could get a Sony SR90, which will have quality similar to the Panasonic GS300 - but £200 more.

S

Se7en1977

redsox_mark said:
If you are editing I'm not sure why you would have a constant need to rewind and forward... you shoot... you rewind the tape once, and you capture to the PC to edit. If you want to use the tape again you rewind it again. It is also a more reliable long term storage media than DVD.

But if tape is not an option for you, then you have to compromise - either quality or money (or both). You could get a Sony SR90, which will have quality similar to the Panasonic GS300 - but £200 more.

I don't want to edit, but the Hard Drive option would be OK cause i'm able to do it on the PC....
It's all far to difficult :rolleyes: Think I might save the money and wait until they get better....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom