Help.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by taximan, Apr 21, 2002.

1. taximan

taximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the toshiba 210 player which has dts. I also have a toshiba dolby pro logic tv.My question is, if I play a dts film on the player, do I get dts coming through the tv or do I have to have a reciever to convert the soundtrack properly.Sorry if its a stupid question but I cant get my head round it.:confused: :confused:

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need an amp capable of decoding DTS. You can damage your speakers if your tv can't handle DTS. You will have to downmix to pro logic. Most DTS dvd's you have to select the sound format via the menu or answer the' YES' question to does your amp/tv decode DTS?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Unless your tv has a 6 channel input, which I doubt, and DVD has 6 channel out, you will need a reciever or similar to decode the DTS signal. Have a look at the AMP Receiver forum for options, recently posted a solution for another user, to use a receiver to do the decoding you will need a digital conection, Coax or Optical. I'm sure your 210 should have both. If it has six channel out (not sure so you need to check) a cheaper amp, e.g Sony STRDE375 can be used, if no six channel out you need the 475 or higher.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Just had a look at RS website, 210 does not have 6 channel out, so a receiver will be required unless your TV has an onboard decoder, probably not, but I have been wrong before.
    ;) ;) ;)
    Only once mind:D