1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DeBe, Dec 23, 2001.

1. DeBe

DeBe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Save my Xmas!
    Have bought Sony WS TV. Also have VCR Sky Digi Box and a new Sony Home Cinema DVD Thing.How do I connect it all up?
    What settings do I use for the AV2 out put setting?
    I have three scarts on the tv, two on the video and two on the digi box. I have a scart connector with the DVD which adapts to three single sockets?(red yellow and white)
    Thanks!
    currently I cannot get the video to record sky.(no DVD on sytem yet)

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The scart lead to three phono will give you the worst possible picture quality as it will be a composite video output.

As the Sony Home Cinema Thingy won't output in RGB you should be using s-video ( a small din plug on the back of the thingy ) and if the TV doesn't have an s-video socket it will accept it through one of the scart sockets so you need a cable with scart on one end and s-video connector on the other.

The Digibox will output RGB so a scart from that into the scart socket on the TV that accepts RGB (probably AV1 ) will take care of the pictures with a pair of phono leads from the digibox to the "thingy" taking care of the sound.

A second scart from the digibox to the VCR and another from the VCR to the TV will enable you to tape from the digibox and a further pair of phono leads from the VCR to the "thingy" will complete the sound connections.

You may have to make some adjustments in the TV set up menus to switch AV2 to s-video.

Hope this helps

Ian

3. DeBe

DeBe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) It does help Ian! Thanks very much. THe scart from the Digi box to the TV means that sky is now working, and the big difference was changing the sky output to RGB.
    Merry christmas!