Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sonysbest, Nov 4, 2005.

1. sonysbest

sonysbest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Connected up my new Denon dht500sd last night as follows :-
    Digital optical out from Sky+ to Digital optical in on Denon.
    Scart to scart Denon to RGB AV1 scart on my tv (Sony 32FQ75)
    DVD is working fine picture on TV surround sound everything perfect.
    Cannot find the signal from the Sky+ box though? I know the cable's fine as was getting surround sound on Sky films with my old Sony Davs-500 so am guessing I've got the Denon set up incorrectly or worse still there's something wrong with the digital optical input on the Denon? Have tried everything I can think of. Have had to run a scart from the sky+ box to AV2 on the TV (TV sound only) to get sky. I'm hoping I've got the settings wrong somewhere & if anyone can help I'd be mucho grateful. By midnight last night couldn't face another menu! Paul.

2. sigh

sigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate!

I think optical is audio only and no visual :>

Is this 500 much better than the DAV-s500 syste, you had?

Cheers,
    Sigh

3. sonysbest

sonysbest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Sigh have spoken to Denon & they think I need to select Digital on the Input mode but sure I've tried that & still no sky sound coming through the Denon still looking for help & will try again tonight. In answer to your question the Davs500 Sony was brilliant for me but then it was 1st system so had nothing to compare it to. Whereas it had something like 285? total output the Denon has 600 so no competion on sound I think. I bought mine after all the positives posted on here & to be honest build quality is superb I can't really comment on performance as haven't had much yet! I live in a semi so can't do it justice but have a set of Sony MDR-DS5100 headphones with own decoder they work fine with the digital out on this system (my davs only had digital out for cd). So now I can listen to my DVD's in surround sound till my ears hurt! Anyone who has this system with Sky+ out there can you tell me how your setup to get sky through the Denon and/or settings? Paul.