Help

chaps10

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on the site, I’m new to the drone world and I’ve just purchased my first drone which is a holystone HS175D, being not a techie whatsoever after following the operation guide I still can’t get my drone to connect to the holystone Wi-Fi network, I’ve downloaded the app which is all fine but when I try to connect to the Holy stone FPV Wi-fi network on my IOS device it initially connects but then says unsupported network and then no Wi-Fi connection!! All I want to do is fly my drone, I’ve spent hours trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong please can someone help.
Thanks.

Is your IOS device geared up for the 5GHz ?

The long distance real-time image transmission for your model is enabled by the 5GHz connectivity.

Some drones use the 2.4GHz network and some are 5GHz. Not all phones have 5GHz.

Thanks for your reply, I have the Iphone 12, I have tried looking into this and I believe this is compatible? I wish I understood it a bit more how it all works but as I mentioned before I’m not very tech minded so hoping that it is actually a fault with the drone and not me!! Hopefully this way I can then get a replacement?

Try another phone. When I first started with the drones many years ago I found incompabilites with drone apps and phones. So, I bought many second phones/tables specifically for use with them. I now use a Samsung Tab tablet, ipad mini 2, and 2 samsungs phones with all the required software on them. I tried many more and found some would not connect as they didn't have the 5GHz or another reason. Reading the forums over the years many people were using the iphone 6 , it seemed compatable with most drones. I tried the iphone 5 and found this wasn't. Even many of my old Android tablets pre version 4.2 wouldn't work either. Please note , I'm going back 5 or 6 years when I was trying to find compatable phones/tablets and of course now everything has changed, operating systems and apps. Borrow a phone/tablet to try or ask other Holystone HS175D users what there using.

Yes this did cross my mind, I think I’ll try my partners phone to see if that’s any better, if not will find out what other holystone users are on like you say.
Thanks for your help.

No problems, hope you get it sorted. We've all been there, when were starting off with a new hobby or whatever , things dont allways work and you need to find answers, thats what these forums are here for ...............especially Avforums.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom