Help.....

cmnunes

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need to make my decision today, and really would apreciate all the help you guys could provide.

Choices:
Optoma H57 - 2.220€
BenQ PE7700 - 2.120€

What would you get ?
(for a screen is about 275x155).

If you're going to use your projector, just to watch DVDs then the difference between the 2 projectors is probably minimal. The H57 will have an edge on contrast, but will have more screen door.

If however you are planning to connect up to HD sources in the near future, XBOX 360 (Dec 05) , SKY HD (2006), HD DVD/Blue Ray (2006...perhaps) then I'd go with the BenQ7700.

Depends also on a lot of other factors too, your screen size, gain and distance you sit from it. Is your room light controlled or not.....and so on...

Given the choice I'd go with the BenQ, because it is native HD, will have less screen door than the H57 and will produce a watchable picture with a bit of ambient light in the room.

Review your own priorities and future plans and then demo both if you can. :)

Will be about 99% for watch Dvd's.
My problem is exactly that, i was able to see the Optoma and the Infocus, but cant find anyone willing to let me see the BenQ at work.
Everyone keep saying that i am the first asking this Pj and that its doesnt sell very well, so no use in having one for demo.
That would probably make my choice so much easier.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom