Help

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sarahLP, Mar 13, 2005.

1. sarahLP

sarahLP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) ok this is a really basic question and apoligies in advance for my ignorance but pls could some kind soul help me as i am confused. i have a freeview box and have recently moved house and am no longer in a freeview area.someone said to get a sky box and dish and i can get freeview.i have looked on ebay and all people seem to sell is just the box. do i need a dish as well??thankyou

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Yes you will need the dish. I phoned sky and ordered a freeview card to go into the box. cost £20

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Freeview only refers to the digital service via an aerial, there is a non-subscription digital service on satellite (requires dish and SKY digibox/card) but the channel line up is different. Some free channels on Freeview are PAY channels on satellite but there are more channels both TV and radio on satellite.

SKY sell the whole system complete with install for £150 or you can source and install the hardware yourself, not as easy as buying a Freeview box and pluging it into the aerial though:)

You will find more details here.

4. richardys

richardys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sky version is called FreeSat.