Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pauwoo, Mar 12, 2005.

1. pauwoo

pauwoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a quick question, i have finally got myself a plasma tv, a Hitachi 42pd5200.

I have had a Denon 2900 for a long time, this has prog scan on it for both PAL and NTSC, i have connected to my plasma via the S-Video connector, if i turn the prog scan on, will i see a better picture or does it have to be using component connectors for this to work?

I am going to get component connectors any way but was just wondering if this would do for now?

thanks

paul.

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Didn't think you could get progressive through the S-Video connector. My 3910 is hooked up using HDMI-DVI and Component and it plays rather nicely :)
    I may well be wrong (only thing I use S-Video is for my PS2) but I'm pretty sure.......

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    Sadmuppet is correct, the only analogue connection to work with PS that is common on a DVD player is YUV component. RGBHV can also carry PS but is not on that many DVD players and if it is is normally via a VGA connection.
    DVI & HDMI can also carry PS in the digital domain.

Mark.