1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dannytuba, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Dannytuba

Dannytuba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After Buying my Viera and prog scan DVD player I want to buy a speaker & amp that will suit them well.

Im after something that will sound great and look the part also. Im not after huge volume as I never have it cranked up that loud.

Could anyone point me in the right direction

Cheers
    Danny

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    you need to give a little more detail. What is your total budget for the setup?
    Do you want a sub/sat speakers, bookshelf or floorstanders?
    What is the split of your priority between movies & music?

The ability to create sheer volume is rarely a selling point on any AV amp - though all the ones I have auditioned can produce enough volume to annoy any neighbour

3. Dannytuba

Dannytuba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya

Ive been Looking around and like the look of the Denon 1905 amp with either Maudaunt-Short premier or Wharfdale diamond 9HCP speakers.

Could someone let me have there thoughts on the kit listed above and make any comments or suggestions. I want wooden cased speakers rather than aluminium satellites. But maybe 2 floor standers for the fronts and bookshelfs for the rears.

Im going to use the system for films mainly but will be used for music also.

Any help would be great

Cheers
    Danny