1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by electro_man, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. electro_man

    electro_man
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2004
    Messages:
    105
    Products Owned:
    1
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +12
    :lease: Help I acidentally dropped my av amps remote control into some water.It was only in the water for a couple of seconds. I shook off the water and tried the remote, only a couple of functions seem to work on it. So i've now taken the remote apart and am letting it dry out. Will it work once its dry? and how long should i let it dry out? any advice would be much appreciated
     
  2. booktrunk

    booktrunk
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2004
    Messages:
    602
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Leicestershire
    Ratings:
    +3
    Maybe it will be ok...

    Maybe not...

    If you are in a hurry for it to dry out use a hairdryer. I've used a hairdryer on a few pcbs and it's been a great help :)

    Steff
     
  3. electro_man

    electro_man
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2004
    Messages:
    105
    Products Owned:
    1
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +12
    thanks for the tip i'd really like to try the hair dryer but i don't have one I guess i'm going to have to let it dry out naturally.
     
  4. electro_man

    electro_man
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2004
    Messages:
    105
    Products Owned:
    1
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +12
    i've got the remote to work although i didn't use a hair dryer i used my computer fan!!!! :thumbsup:
     
  5. electro_man

    electro_man
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2004
    Messages:
    105
    Products Owned:
    1
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +12
    i've got the remote to work although i didn't use a hair dryer i used my computer fan!!!! :thumbsup:
     

Share This Page

Loading...