Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sdm197, Apr 11, 2004.

1. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Everyone,

I am still having problems trying to high speed dub on my DMRE-100, although I am using 4x Sony discs. I am trying to dub things recorded onto HDD back to DVD R like for like say XP-XP,LP-LP, but it just gives me a dialogue box saying this function cannot be performed, then defaults to whatever the HDD original was i.e. SP etc.

Has anyone actually got this machine to high speed dub properly, and how do you do it, I also have the machine configured to high Speed dub in the set up menu. Any replies would be very welcome.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thats correct, you can only high speed dub at the original recording setting, ie xp to xp, sp to sp etc, whatever you chose when you recorded the original programme. To get anything else it has to re-encoded to the different quality, at normal speed I believe.

3. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the E100 is a bit picky about the discs it uses, if it doesn't like 'em it might manage normally dubbing but balk at the high speed copy. :rolleyes:

4. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a 100% success rate with TDK 4X DVD-R discs on the E100. They have a grey top. I have recorded at least 70 of them (with probably about 80% of those being high speed dubbed at 4X speed).

5. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Top quality discs :smashin:

6. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the replies, I'm not sure whether my unit is faulty, or if its the Sony discs, has anyone tried or does anyone know whether 1x discs would work, or do they have to be 4x compatible, my knowledge is that they would have to be 4x, but I am sure I read on this forum recently that someone was using 1x discs to perform high speed dubbing onto DVD-R.:confused: