1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tonsofun, Mar 21, 2004.

1. tonsofun

tonsofun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am REALLY new to DVD recorders so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but.....

I am using DVD-RWs and I don't understand why sometimes when I start recording it wiill make a new recorded chapter on the disk and sometimes it just records over what ever was on there.

I am using the toshiba D-R1

thanks

2. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    when you start making another recording it will obviously make another chapter... but I think you are getting confused about it overwriting existing recordings

when you make more than 1 recording it just displays as another chapter... and when the disc is full it gives off a small beep --- it does not overwrite exsisting stuff

to delete recordings use the quick menu and then use
    disc management -- format disc

I found all the menus rather daunting at first.. but after studying the manual for a couple of days it becomes much easier

and now i can flick thru the menus with ease

so my advice would be read the manual -- and you will soon be up and running

use the content menu button to bring up your recordings
    then use the green button (the one with the star above it)

to toggle between the different recordings and chapters