Help!

ian dem

Established Member
Reaction score
:confused: :(
I am running a sony davs300 dvd player to an rgb scart on my tv (sony kv32fx68),there is no scart on the dvd player so what cable should i purchase? I'm just using the one supplied at the moment.
Should i fork out for a good quality one & if so which do you guys recommend?

Originally posted by ian dem
:confused: :( there is no scart on the dvd player

Dude i may have taken this the wrong way but why dont you get a DVD player that hase scart on the back ??

I'm not entirely familiar with your components.

You don't need a player with a scart but does your player have an S-Video out?
And does your TV has an S-Video in? (this will probably be part of the secondary scart socket on your TV).

Check the manuals then come back. If you have both of these you just need a cable that goes from S-Video to Scart.

If your TV has a dedicated S-Video in that isn't part of a scart socket it's even easier; just get an S-Video lead of the appropriate length.

Originally posted by eviljohn2
And does your TV has an S-Video in? (this will probably be part of the secondary scart socket on your TV).

Unless your TV is ancient one of the scart sockets will accept an S-video signal which is the best quality signal output by the Sony DAV so you need a cable with an s-video plug on one end and a scart plug on the other.

You will probably have to tell the TV that the signal is s-video in one of the setup menus otherwise the picture will only be black & white.

Originally posted by Ian J
you need a cable with an s-video plug on one end and a scart plug on the other.
It's important that it's an S-Video to Scart otherwise the pin connections in the Scart socket will be wrong (used for carrying scart to S-Video).

Hi guys,sorry i should have explained myself a bit clearer! Its actually a Sony davs400 & i'm connecting it to a Sony kv32fx68.
The davs400 has an svideo output so do i need an svideo/2 phono to scart cable then?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom