Help Yami 2400 > DVD575 > SACD

spurs09

Established Member
Reaction score
How does one connect Yami 2400 > DVD575 for SACD perposes.??

Help :lease:

Connect 3 sets of phono leads from 575 multichannel connectors to 2400 multichannel inputs. You can select the area of the SACD (hybrid) disc that you want to listen to from 575 menu. Then select multichannel input from 2400 unit/remote to listen. You may want/have to set the speaker levels differently for multichannel input as the 575 doesn't do bass management (or at least not very well if it does) - you can change the multichannel levels independantly of your normal settings using the level button on the 2400 remote while in multichannel input mode (assuming that it is the same process as the 1400).

Thanks for that.

Does it remember the settings for the different imputs? Only had the amp a week!

The manual is crap

Well it does remember the settings on the 1400, but I think you can only have 2 settings - 1 for multichannel input and 1 for the rest. I ended up setting my levels on normal input by setting the subwoofer level to -10 and then adjusting the gain on the subwoofer to get level balanced to my other speakers (ie 75db) and then setting the subwoofer level on multichannel input to +10 - at least now I get a fairly decent bass from SACD/DVD Audio.
Yes I agree the manual/menu system is a bit complicated :thumbsdow but it does get a bit clearer after reading it a few dozen times :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom